Monday, July 18, 2011

Fueled by BEEF

Since starting this running kick and actually enjoying it, I find myself reading other friends' tips and stories about running. My best friend, Kelsey Pope, just ran a 10K (maybe next spring for me?!) in Colorado with her husband, Ronny. They sported their own "Fueled by Beef" shirts for their race. A little before they ran their race, I signed up with a few other friends for the Team Beef group. It's a group of beef consumers who believe by eating healthy, protein-rich beef we are fueled for whatever activities we pursue. I joined the Team Beef to be a part of something; a part of a group that stands up for the cattle industry and shares how we can accomplish great physical challenges thanks to a great, tasty food. My favorite recipe is a well-prepared beef tenderloin. Yum!

For me, I grew up knowing no different than eating beef packaged right from our own beef supply. I find myself so frustrated with people choosing a lifestyle with little to no information as to why they choose a meat-free lifestyle other than it "saves a cow". I am not against vegetarians or vegans, yet when they have misinformation and encroach or talk down on an industry that believes in raising and harvesting their animals in a safe, humane way, I have a problem with that. Especially when so many of my friends' families depend on their beef supply for their livelihood. I feel I am doing my part to promote and advocate for the beef industry by wearing my new jersey each time I run! Go TEAM BEEF!


You can find this and other Team Beef apparel at https://www.primalwear.com/c-316-team-beef.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout and we'll have to do a race together soon to wear our matching jersey's!

    ReplyDelete