My first dinner was a chicken and wild rice casserole from none other than Pinterest found here.
I then made a lasagna primavera for a change up to our usual fish on Fridays during Lent.
Here is the recipe I came up with using stuff in my pantry:
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 green peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 can of Italian style tomatoes, drained
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 package of Italian shredded cheese
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- Italian seasonings, salt and pepper to taste
|Here is a pic of the ingredients and prep work.|
|Mix the spinach and ricotta cheese together. Then put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom, layer with noodles, spinach/ricotta mixture, veggies, cheese, and then repeat. I did three layers of that, but you could do more.|
|And here you have the final product after baking for one hour at 350 degrees in the oven. I tried just a bit of it last night, and it was pretty good although like I said I probably would add more veggies if I had them in my house at the time.|