Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Reminiscing on them good times...

Saturday after the race I headed to KC to spend an evening with my brother and his gf Deidra and friends. They were so nice to have an early dinner ready for us when we all met up at Deidra's house. We had BBQ ribs and chicken, fried potatoes, corn on the cob and some amazing dips. They outdid themselves on the good comfort food!

Deidra and I freaked when we realized it was 5 pm and we had to start getting ready. We made it out of the house by 6:30 and were downtown by 6:45. Brandon and his friends were already down at P&L enjoying a beer or two. Deidra and I had a fantastic time laughing, worrying and cussing about finding a parking spot. Oh my goodness, hilarious! Even though we didn't think it was at the time. We had no cash, and thought surely the parking garage would take credit cards. Nope. We were rebels (got the cash in case!) and parked without paying. Sorry, God! We honestly were going to pay when we left, but we didn't have to.

We then went into the concert at the Sprint Center (my first one!). Deidra had seats by some other people from around home, and Brandon and I sat together. I will tell you Luke Bryan is one of the best vocalists (to the untrained ear) I have heard in a long time. He hit every note perfectly and does not sound any different than he does on the radio. Not to mention how gorgeous he looked with his pearly whites and tight jeans...oh my!



Outfit courtesy of Southern Jewlz!
They had a pretty awesome DJ during intermission and then Mr. Jason Aldean came on. I love every song this man sings so he could do no wrong. However, Brandon and I both thought he was merely there putting on the regular ol' show instead of entertaining us like Luke did. The best part of his concert was when Luke and Jason played acoustic for their Buck Commander show on the Outdoor Channel. I LOVE LOVE LOVE acoustic. There is no messing up there. It is just you and the guitar and nothing else so you can really hear their voice and emotion. They did an amazing job!


Overall it was an amazing night that I would not normally have to spend with my brother and his friends. It was a great homecoming gift to my brother! It was out of the ordinary and I'm glad we did it. I can also check two things off my 101 list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment