Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bring it On, 2013...

Ready for a New Year!
With a day into the new year, it goes without saying many of us have resolved to do better, spend less, weigh less, give more, etc., in the new year. All of those things are good intentions. I have learned through others and my own way of doing things, that you must put a plan to your goals. "A goal without planning is just a wish," said Antoine de Saint-Exupery. So many of my 2013 goals have been thoughtfully planned over the last month. I also know that I need to "focus" and have a bad tendency to over commit and not do my best in all that I do. It was said by Mary Kay Ash, that "if the things you are doing do not bring you closer to God, your family, or your business, then you need to refocus your priorities," and I plan to focus on those time-suckers in my life.

With that said, this is my year. 2013 is my year to be a life-giver, an influencer, and a blessing in people's lives. Whether that's through more meaningful relationships with actual time spent working on them, an example for others to follow because I "walk the walk and talk the talk", or by encouraging others to follow their God-given potential in fitness and with their family-life balance.

Here are my goals for this year:

1. Finish the Queen's Court of Sales in Mary Kay ($36,000 retail in sales for the year, and YES I need your support and help to do this!!) to provide many financial opportunities to my family.
2. Actively seek 10 women who need more, want more, aspire to be more to their families and friends this year. There is NO doubt in my mind that the Mary Kay business is the answer to many of the headaches and heartaches my friends and customers face. I would not be able to do what I do nor provide what I can for my family if it were not from the personal growth, friendships, self-confidence, dreams, and money from my Mary Kay business. Be on the lookout for more of that this year.
3. Train and complete a full marathon. I thought graduate school was the ultimate mental test, yet it wasn't. I thought a half marathon was a HUGE mental obstacle to work through, it was challenging, but I did it. So moving forward, I think the full marathon will be a big test, and I'm sure it will be for that point in time. BUT, what I learned through all of these challenges is that my body and mind can do SO much more than I am willing to think it can.
4. Begin or end each day with spending time in the Word. There is so much I am thankful for, but I feel I have not yet realized the full power of the Lord in my life, and I need that.
5. Write a to-do list each day. Yes, that seems so trivial and small, but I know "focus" will help me realize what I am doing and spending my time on.
6. Start a family...there, I said it. This has been a hard one for me. I will spend more time on this emotional (for me) topic in coming posts, but I feel completely open to having a baby now, God willing.

With each of these goals, I have plans and systems in place on how to achieve them. Stay tuned for updates!

*~*What are some of your goals for 2013? Any areas you plan to focus on or tips on how to achieve the goals? *~*

2 comments:

  1. I love your goals for 3013!!!!
    I found you through Erin at 'Diaries from the dirt road'! She linked up your goals. I'm so glad she did and that I found you and your blog!

    I'llsay a prayer for you for starting a family!

    I look forward to getting to know you better.
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzi! I'm so glad we "found" each other!

    ReplyDelete