Thursday, October 6, 2011

You picked "Mr. Rogers"?!...

On October 1st, Todd's aunt Susan threw me a wedding shower in Platte City with his side of the family. It was the first time I had met a lot of the distant relatives, and I am so blessed to have such a large, loving family with my new family. We had lots of laughs with the games Susan had me play, and she truly outdid herself with the decor, tasty cake (which was pumpkin!), cupcakes and cider. It was a lot of fun, and we received so many thoughtful gifts that we will cherish forever like a handmade afghan, our first "Christmas" ornament, tea towels. etc.

You may be wondering about this title I posted for this post. Susan had me play a game of guessing which Todd would choose out of a series of questions. I did pretty well. I only missed four out of 20 questions. He also lied on two so I don't think that counts. He said on the question, "Which would you rather be, Superman or Mr. Rogers?" I mean come on, Todd would never want to be Mr. Rogers!!! So I had to chew bubble gum for his lie on that one. It was fun anyway though!

Here are just a few photos....

The beautiful decor Susan had for my shower in Platte City.

A gorgeous Santa wreath Aunt Floreen made us for our house.

The yummy pumpkin cake!

Showing off the CUTE Boston Terrier card complete with a tux and veil on the dogs his grandma Betty found!

No comments:

Post a Comment