Monday, February 4, 2013

Did you see it?...

Well if you're one of my more than 1,500 friends on Facebook or one of the millions of people who watch the Super Bowl, you saw it last night. Did it silence the room at your party like it did ours?

My newsfeed on Facebook blew up the second after the commercial played. By far the best Super Bowl commercial in a long time in my opinion. It was impeccable timing during the game and what a better audience than those who don't really "get" farming. I know several of my non-ag friends even commented that it was their favorite commercial! The Budweiser one was super, too!



I hope you saw it during the game, but in case you didn't, here is a clip of the Dodge Ram/Paul Harvey, "And God made a Farmer," commercial. Click on it and Dodge will donate up to $1 million dollars to the National FFA Organization! Holla!! What better organization to support than one who supports developing the potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success?! I sure would not be the person I am today if it were not for the skills, confidence and connections I made from being in FFA.

Shout out to the farmers, today, ya'll!

In other Sunday news, the Super Bowl was a fun party at our friends', Ryan and Lauren's, home. They are farmers as were most of the audience that were with us that night. Each one of us out of the 15 or so people has some tie to agriculture. We also love to eat, so there was no shortage of good food to go around. I did my best to keep the bad snacking to a minimum, but oh boy, that was hard, so I did sample everything. I got a 7-mile run in that morning to burn off a few extra calories. I don't usually account for the calories burned in my allotted calories for the day, but I did yesterday! Shame, but you gotta live a few times by splurging. I made a yummy chicken enchilada dip and funeral sandwiches I'll share the recipes for later this week.

*~*What was your favorite commercial? What was your favorite Super Bowl snack?*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment