Friday, November 19, 2010

From Couch to 5K--The Transformation

I'm not sure everyone knows this but I am taking on a big challenge on Thanksgiving Day with my future sister-in-law, Christina, and her friends and running in the Turkey Trot. To be honest, I am completely scared. I have not run that far in years. Christina just finished a half marathon in October, and I want to try and do a mini-tri this spring/summer. We all know I have motivation to lose weight and be healthier. Food is my worst enemy, I love it! Thankfully, I just have a horrible metabolism so I'm trying to do some things to boost that a little since I sit at a desk 8+ hours a day.

I know, I know...it's just a matter of doing you're best and getting healthier, but darn it I just pray I can do this. I've practiced 3 days a week for four weeks now and I still can only do about half of it, but I guess next Thursday will tell. I plan to still continue with the training since you're actually supposed to do it for 10 weeks, but we'll so how Mother Nature lets me. My plan is to run two days a week in the winter and cross-train with some Zumba or something else.

I'm curious what do those runners out there suggest for cross-training workouts and give me your best iPod songs! 

3 comments:

  1. A triathlon is a triathlon - no matter the distance! You can do it if you put your mind to it. I'm happy to help however I can! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sounds great! Running is fun...Good luck!

    "Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it."
    -Oprah Winfrey ~mountain hardwear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to "graduate" from Couch to 5K, and it's been great. Stick with it! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete