Monday, November 15, 2010

A great weekend with the best girls

My best friend and "Twin" Kelsey Pope and I after ordering the dresses.
Over this past weekend I got to see all but one of my bridesmaids as we went to pick out bridesmaids dresses. I was so so so so excited to see everyone, have everyone meet and get started on the wedding planning process. Up until this point, my mom and I have done everything without anyone else involved so I have been waiting for the "less than a year" countdown to say it was okay to do some other things.

Here's the lowdown of the girls' side of the wedding party:

Maid of Honor: Julie Kirmer, best friend and Mary Kay director
Bridesmaid: Kelsey Pope, best friend and "Twin"; she's also my Theta sorority sister from K-State
Bridesmaid: Ashley Olson, best friend from the 3rd grade when I moved to Hiawatha
Bridesmaid: Hannah Nelson, best friend from college, AFA and Mary Kay
Bridesmaid: Katelyn Landrum, best friend and true southern belle from Florida and also fellow National ACT officer
Personal attendants: Mallory Sheeran, best friend from the 3rd grade also
                               Christina Holmes, groom's sister and personal dietitian (hee, I may need to use her now!)

We were also supposed to go check out the reception place at the Platte County Fairgrounds to see if they'd let us do what our vision is, country vintage, with an antique chandelier, tons of candles, purple linens with burlap runners, old barn wood planter boxes with mums, old everything, but the guy didn't even show up! That stinker...guess we'll have to wait until after the first of the year to do all that. 

I saw this dress back when I picked up my veil in early October (thought you'd get a sneak peek of the actual dress didn't ya? Nope not taking any chances until I walk down the aisle with my dad!)

Sorry you have to view it from the side, it is being weird!
Turns out it is a mother-of-the-bride dress and I was told there would be no way we'd be able to get it for all my bridesmaids come November. I thought, "Yah right, you're David's Bridal for goodness sakes, you have tons of these somewhere." Turns out thankfully, all my girls loved it, it all looked fabulous on each one and they could get it!

Now it wouldn't be my wedding without a little bling and glitz added to it so when Julie and I head to Dallas next summer we'll be hitting up Sam Moon for some fabulous drop earrings and a brooch to accessorize. We are also thinking of wearing brown boots underneath...we'll just have to see what that looks like once the dresses come in!

Here is the link to the actual website if you'd like to check out the dress...http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_6165110-6165110_Bridal-Party-Mothers-Special-Guests-All-Dresses

Until next time with another great update in the life of a Lipstick Cowgirl, have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Mel! I love the update...keep up the blogging! And I had a great time this weekend and am so happy to be included in your wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete