Friday, May 27, 2011

A little lunch heaven...

I visited KC a week or so back and had a chance to spend some time just being by myself for half a day.

I went to eat lunch at one of my favorite places around, Farmhouse, in the River Market area. It was such a beautiful day so I ate on their outside patio. Amazing fresh and locally grown and produced food is their specialty. They have a menu they publish monthly that changes and no month is the same. They have a homemade sausage each day, and I finally tried it this time. So very good!

Homemade sausage, pickles and potato chips!

I also wanted to see the Princess Diana exhibit at Union Station since I probably wouldn't make a trip to KC before it would leave. It was so neat to actually see pictures, items and momentos of someone I have admired since I was a little girl. I remember crying during her funeral back in 1997 and with the royal wedding this year, it was really fun to step back and think how cool would it be to be a princess?

I then stopped at one of my favorite places in Briarcliff Village, Nell Hill's. The store used to be in Atchison, Kan., and the store I worked at in high school, Nichols and Lea, was one of the first to carry Mary Carol's line of products. It was so fun to see how much it has taken off, and I even got to chat with Mary Carol for a little bit while there in KC. She even gave me a signed copy of her newest book for weddings! What a precious gift I'll always cherish! Check out Mary Carol's blog for awesome decorating tips, http://www.nellhillsblog.com/

Wishing you all a great and relaxing Memorial Weekend! (more to come next week on some other news!)

No comments:

Post a Comment